Thursday, May 15, 2008

First Blog Ever!


Hi Friends and Family - this is my first blog of hopefully many more to come. I envision this to become my documentary of my family, health and fitness research, and business developments.

The pic is of Shamus Jr. at his very first party! It was Katy and Andy's baby shower on April 19 - he was only two weeks old!

Since my life right now is spent taking care of Shamus, Jr. then my first blog will have to be a tribute to him! There's so much I want to capture in words about the daily fun adventures with Shamus Jr. but for now (since it's midnight and he's asleep for just a few hours) I'll give the highlights of today...

Today we had planned a visit to OIE at GA Tech to visit my previous coworkers...so as soon as I woke up, I was preparing for our trip downtown. After a few feedings, a poop spray on the changing table, and Mom calling Dad to learn how to reassemble the car seat pad, we were off to visit friends despite the rain. We were only 30 minutes late for our lunch date - not too bad considering! Of course, everyone loved him and thought he looked just like his Dad - I agree! We enjoyed the visit - the whole gang was crowded around Sheila's desk enjoying watching Shamus Jr. sleep.

Back at home, Shamus Jr. went down for a nap so I decided to give the manual pump another try since I have a hair appt. tomorrow. I was amazed - much more successful on the second attempt - I got 2 ounces, even with feeding him at the same time!

Shamus got home and we played with Jr. for a bit since he was in a very playful mood after his nap and feeding. Since Saturday, Shamus Jr. has been able to focus on our hand and follow it from side to side...so that along with Pattycake and conversations in Parentese are the gist of our playtime. We're still working on the smiles - for now they're just spontaneous.

The highlight of my day was coming home from a quick trip to the grocery to find Shamus holding a very content baby. To my surprise, Shamus had fed him the pumped milk from a bottle - this was a first!! I wanted to see it but was so proud of Shamus for taking the initiative and figuring it out for himself. He warmed the milk and tested it on his wrist "as he'd seen on T.V." and Shamus Jr. drank it down fast!

So tomorrow brings another busy day...but as I told Shamus in the hospital after Shamus Jr. was born, I have finally found my calling and it feels great!

Happy Birthday Shamus Jr. - today you're six weeks old!

No comments: